Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Land of Lost Sleep

I'm up extra-early because my aho next door neighbors left their pit bull out in the yard. Again.

Damn thing barked me out of a sound sleep at 2:45 a.m.

Mind you, this is a family with three children, including one in diapers. Why in the hell do they have a dog like that? Which of their precious children do they wish to sacrifice to this dog?

All I can say is this: I'm damn tired of sacrificing my sleep to that mutant.

The Department of Shameless Self-Promotion. This is being written during the predawn hours in the great city of Tucson, Arizona. Where officialdom strongly encourages us to talk to your neighbors about their barking dogs.

Yeah, sure. I'm going to walk next door and risk my life by trying to have a dialog with the owners of a pit bull. No, thank you.

If you're in the same boat as I am, have I got a store for you. Check out the bumper stickers and tee shirts in my QuietBarkingDogs store. And I do hope that you can grab a minute or two of rest amidst all the din. It's so unnecessary.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to add you to my prayer list. I am so sorry you are suffering through this torture of inconsiderate neighbors!!! We just backed out of a house contract because we discovered the neighbors had a barking dog. Lost some money in the process, but i think well worth it. now my hubby will have to drive over an hour one-way to work every morning, but at least we should be able to sleep through the night until we can save up to buy something with more land. Dog owners are worthless. If I were you, I would sell or take matters in my own hands regarding the nuisance dog.

    ReplyDelete