Friday, November 16, 2012

This Week's Barking News Roundup - 11/16/12

This edition of the Roundup is dedicated to the clueless idiots next door. You know who you are. You have that pit bull on steroids in a poorly fenced enclosure that's just a few feet away from another neighbor's bedroom. I'll bet he needs to hear that bellowing barking noise as much as I don't. And, on the off chance that you decide to get a clue, here it is...

Noise ordinance should apply to barking dogs

Excerpt: I have every reason to believe that there is regulation in the City of Gautier that requires a dog owner to certify that he/she has a minimum of 85 percent hearing loss before being allowed to own a dog. I can find no other plausible explanation why dogs are allowed to bark under an owner's window beginning at 6 a.m. without that person seeming to hear the dog. This barking, at least in North Hickory Hills, continues during most of the day and into the late hours with few interruptions.

Tip: This letter to the editor is open for your comments. Follow the above link and fire away.

Smell the Coffee: Ask not for whom the dog barks, it barks for me

Excerpt: Confucius says a barking dog is often more useful than a sleeping lion.

But not to the barking dog's neighbor. Especially when the neighbor is grumpy and on deadline.

Tip: This opinion piece is open for your comments. Follow the above link and vent.

From the Advice Column Department, we have:

Question: I never have a peaceful day due to the dogs on both sides of my property. I called the police once and it was better for a while on one side. The one side has two BIG loud dogs and the other side has a little yapper. How can it be okay to let that dog come to the corner of the yard near my bedroom window and bark all hours? I can hear it when I turn the corner onto my street. These dogs weren't here when I bought my house and I don't want to hear them now.

Tip: Hit the above link to share your experience.

The Department of Shameless Self-Promotion. Had it up to here with stupid dog owners and all the  barking noise? Sound off without making a sound via the tee shirts and bumper stickers in the QuietBarkingDogs store.

No comments:

Post a Comment