Friday, July 26, 2013

This Week's Barking News Roundup - 07/26/13

Q: Barking Dog In Starbucks: What Would You Do?

A: I'd walk out of the store while saying "Your dog's BARKING isn't music to my ears!" And you can buy that tee shirt in my my QuietBarkingDogs store.

Morris: Barking dogs have neighbors on edge

Excerpt: They live in their backyard full time, rain or shine. They have a sheltered place to sleep plus food and water, but that's it. No human contact except for when the owner shouts "Shut up!" at them. No walks, no play time. Just an endless existence of long days in an enclosure.

What was once my nice backyard -- coffee and newspaper on the patio, playing with my dogs, gardening -- has become off limits. When we go outside the neighbor dogs rush the fence, barking and howling.

It should be noted that this person tried to talk to then dogs' owner. Fat lotta good that did. And Morris the columnist notes, "Your options are limited." Isn't that lovely? I think I'd be screaming "Shut up!" at the top of my lungs. Matter of fact, I've done that. In one case, it worked so well I had blessed peace and quiet for months.

Sussex County Council requests more time in addressing possible ‘excessive’ barking dog ordinance

Excerpt: “Say our constable is called out at 2 o’clock in the morning … a barking dog. Does he (constable) have to sit there for a half hour?”

And that, people, is the essence of a dog barking law that's designed to fail. No cop is going to sit there and witness barking. Only sleep-deprived citizens must do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment